Pacific Cascade staff stays involved in many ways with many groups and organizations that serve our area, including: United Way of Lane County, Rotary, Children’s Miracle Network, Junior Achievement of Lane County, Springfield and Eugene Chambers of Commerce, Eugene City Club, Festival of Trees, local intramural sports, and many more. We contribute time, effort and funds where we think it will do the most good. So far this year, we’ve contributed to the following organizations and or events either financially or with our valued time:
- United Way Corporate and Staff Contributions
- United Way – My Little Library sponsor and builder!
- United Way Day of Caring where staff and Board members participate by helping non-profit agencies with yardwork, painting, cleaning, power washing, building play houses, building sandboxes, you name it, we’ve probably done it!
- Eugene/Springfield Habitat for Humanity building
- Junior Achievement Bowl-A-Thon (RAISING OVER $6000 consistently each year for the last five years) the last two years a PCFCU employee has taken the title of “Event Top Dollar Producer” and that’s no small feat, along with other employees named in the top fundraising category. In 2015 the JA Bowalthon raised a whopping $50,500!
- Junior Achievement Corporate Contribution
- Junior Achievement Class Teaching (contributing volunteer instructors for all grade levels (kindergarten through high school)
- Churchill High School baseball outfield sign
- LCC Foundation (Senior Education sponsor)
- Credit Union for Kids (CMN) – Radiothon AND Lunch at Tiffany’s sponsors
- We have participated in the Business Commute Challenge for several years the last four being the “Big Dog” Sponsor for the events poker walk-about.
- STEM – produced a solar display. The display illustrates and emphasizes the vasness of our Solar System. Visitors to the display walk from planet to planet viewing current images of each planet’s details and experiencing the relative special spread.
- Festival of Trees (sponsoring Trees, venues, etc, since the first Festival of Trees came to Eugene)
- Mohawk Firefighters Auction
- Supported by way of sponsorship two community runs that raise funds for charity: Dirty Duck Run and the Ugly Sweater Run. Both fun ways to support our community.
- We support Rotary clubs in both Eugene and Springfield
- Members and participants of both the Eugene Chamber of Commerce and the Springfield Chamber of Commerce
- We support and produce banners for various school events, including Centennial Elementary Bingo Night and Springfield High School events.
Please support our Junior Achievement 2015 Supporters. They are:
- EDMS (Eugene Direct Mail Service)
- Environmental Control
- Brasher’s NW Auto Auction
- Open Lending
- Touch Point Networks
- Oakway Catering
- Lifetime Investments
- SouthFork Coffee
Thank You for Making the 2015 KOOL Cares for Kids Radio-thon a resounding SUCCESS!
You helped to raise over $50,000 in donations…with more dollars coming in this week! We are already making plans for 2016!
United Way of Lane County 2015 Education Day of Action
On June 24, 2015, PCFCU volunteered to construct one of seven Little Free Libraries to be placed in communities throughout Lane County that have been identified as high risk for lower literacy achievement due to limited access to library resources. Our Free Little Library will be located at Echo Hollow Swimming Pool.
PCFCU CEO Bob Harris building the Free Little Library
Children’s Miracle Network Lunch at Tiffany’s
We are a proud sponsor of the Annual CMN Radiothon and Lunch at Tiffany’s.
Left to right: Credit Union Direct Lending Manager Tom Bergold and PCFCU CEO Bob Harris as dapper sand at the 2014 CMN Lunch at Tiffany’s.
2010 United Way Day of Caring Project
We built two outdoor playhouses for the Pearl Buck Children’s Center!