Pacific Cascade staff stays involved in many ways with many groups and organizations that serve our area, including: United Way of Lane County, Rotary, Children’s Miracle Network, Junior Achievement of Lane County, Springfield and Eugene Chambers of Commerce, Eugene City Club, Festival of Trees, local intramural sports, and many more. We contribute time, effort and funds where we think it will do the most good. So far this year, we’ve contributed to the following organizations and or events either financially or with our valued time:
- United Way Corporate and Staff Contributions (current)
- United Way – My Little Library sponsor and builder! (in 2015)
- United Way Day of Caring where staff and Board members participate by helping non-profit agencies with yardwork, painting, cleaning, power washing, building play houses, building sandboxes, you name it, we’ve probably done it! (current)
- Eugene/Springfield Habitat for Humanity building (2012 through 2015)
- Junior Achievement Bowl-A-Thon (RAISING OVER $6000 consistently each year for the last five years) the last two years a PCFCU employee has taken the title of “Event Top Dollar Producer” and that’s no small feat, along with other employees named in the top fundraising category. (currently– sponsoring the Bowlathon, however, taking a respite from staff participating at the event). This event raises over $60,000 that helps put finances back into school curriculum.
- Junior Achievement Corporate Contribution
- Junior Achievement Class Teaching (contributing volunteer instructors for all grade levels (kindergarten through high school)
- Churchill High School baseball outfield sign
- LCC Foundation (Harvest Festival event decorations sponsor)
- Credit Union for Kids (CMN) – Radiothon AND Lunch at Tiffany’s sponsors
- We have participated in the Business Commute Challenge for several years the last SIX as the “Big Dog” Sponsor for the events poker walk-about each May. The last four years as both Eugene AND Springfield walk-about sponsors!
- STEM – produced a solar display. The display illustrates and emphasizes the vasness of our Solar System. Visitors to the display walk from planet to planet viewing current images of each planet’s details and experiencing the relative special spread. 2015)
- Festival of Trees (sponsoring Trees, venues, etc, since the first Festival of Trees came to Eugene)
- Mohawk Firefighters Auction
- Supported by way of sponsorship two community runs that raise funds for charity: Dirty Duck Run and the Ugly Sweater Run. Both fun ways to support our community.
- We support Rotary clubs in both Eugene and Springfield
- Members and participants of both the Eugene Chamber of Commerce and the Springfield Chamber of Commerce
- We support and produce banners for various school events, including Ridgeview Elementary and Springfield High School events.
EVENTS — check out our monthly decor theme. Each month we pick a new theme to keep our members guessing, intrigued and engaged. Members comment daily on how they like to see what’s next, and enjoy the effort we put into transforming our lobbies to meet the theme’s look.
MIX 94.5 WALK IT OFF (2017) in the park!
Pacific Cascade Federal Credit Union is the Kids Club Sponsor. Kids get a t-shirt for coming out and each week receive a special fun gift! Every Wednesday evening from 5:00 to 6:30 pm in Alton Baker Park. Dog Days of August rerouted the walk to the swimming pool of Valley River Inn, making for some splashing good times! Most notable Walk it Off was the Christmas in July with a visit from Santa Claus and Pacific Cascade sponsoring photo’s with Santa, by Life Slice Photographers!
Extreme Amateur Games:
Local kids participate and compete at the Washington-Jefferson skate park. Takes talent. PCFCU, was one of many sponsors that value kids participating in alternative athletics! Take a ride with the participants with this drone’s view.
Excellence in Education!
Pacific Cascade Federal Credit Union was with Liz and Reilly of the Mix 94.5 Morning Show Fame…. Our first teacher awarded the Excellence in Education award was Tim Meinzen, teacher extraordinaire, from Pleasant Hill High. He is the winner of the Liz and and Reilly Excellence In Education award for January! Yay! Pacific Cascade Federal Credit Union is the sponsor for this great award! Each month a winner receives a certificate and $100. The winners are chosen from folks nominated (that work or volunteer or attends a school). You can nominate by going to 945mixfm.com to submit your nominee😊. Tim was nominated by a fellow Pleasant Hill High school teacher. Way to make a difference!
A Vote for Your Favorite Basketball Coach Could Result in Big $’s to Our Local CMN (RiverBend) Pediatrics Unit:
PCFCU promoted voting for CMN dollars. Easy and FUN!
PCFCU sponsored Donut Boy in his quest to cover the United States (err we helped get him to Eugene/Springfield) to get a donuts in the hands of each police officer.
Please support our Junior Achievement past Supporters. They are:
- EDMS (Eugene Direct Mail Service)
- Environmental Control
- Brasher’s NW Auto Auction
- Open Lending
- Touch Point Networks
- Oakway Catering
- Lifetime Investments
- SouthFork Coffee
Thank You for Making the 2017 KOOL Cares for Kids Radio-thon a resounding SUCCESS!
You helped to raise over $60,000 in donations!
Some Oldies but GOODIES! . . . Enjoy
United Way of Lane County 2015 Education Day of Action
On June 24, 2015, PCFCU volunteered to construct one of seven Little Free Libraries to be placed in communities throughout Lane County that have been identified as high risk for lower literacy achievement due to limited access to library resources. Our Free Little Library will be located at Echo Hollow Swimming Pool.
PCFCU CEO Bob Harris building the Free Little Library
Children’s Miracle Network Lunch at Tiffany’s
We are a proud sponsor of the Annual CMN Radiothon and Lunch at Tiffany’s.
Left to right: Credit Union Direct Lending Manager Tom Bergold and PCFCU CEO Bob Harris looking dapper at the 2014 CMN Lunch at Tiffany’s.
2010 United Way Day of Caring Project
We built two outdoor playhouses for the Pearl Buck Children’s Center!