Originates member mortgage loans. Analyzes loan requests based on lending policy.Licenses And/Or Certifications:
- Valid Driver’s License to utilize company car for work related travel.
- Maintains an active status on the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System as defined by SAFE Act requirements. Failure to register successfully (including discrepancies in your background check) or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for employment and/or continued employment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Takes and reviews applications for mortgage loan business. Explains loan programs and advises members of loan options and requirements.
- Analyzes member financial condition to include credit history, credit score, collateral, and other financial information to assess the degree of risk and the member’s ability to repay the loan, then forwards the loan request to higher levels for decision.
- Completes or directs completion of all loan documents. Ensures documentation is complete and accurate and conforms to Credit Union and regulatory standards. Completes required reports and records. Meets with member to explain terms and conditions and to close the loan.
- Stays abreast of new types of mortgage loans and lending trends, market conditions and factors, and other financial services and products to better meet members’ needs.
- Participates in developing lending and deposit business for the Credit Union. Identifies opportunities to cross-sell new or additional services or products to members. Markets the Credit Union’s mortgage lending program to companies and individuals within the real estate community.
- Notes acceptability (or not) of loan on secondary mortgage markets.
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees as required.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Achieve or exceed assigned loan volume (dollars and/or numbers)
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all mortgage products, rates, trends, market conditions, and related competitor products.
- Ensure loan applications are in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and lending regulations, policies, and procedures
- Troubleshoot and resolve member and internal inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide informed, professional, and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience — Two years to five years similar or related experience.
Education — Either 1) a two-year college degree, 2) completion of a specialized course(s) of study at a business or trade school or 3) completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skills — A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and /or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary. Obtain and foster the ability to establish and maintain working relationships with Vice President of Lending, PCFCU managers, and maintain a positive relationship with all PCFCU departments and vendors.
Other Skills — thorough knowledge of principles and processes for providing member and personal services. This includes member needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of member satisfaction. Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and chooses the most appropriate one. Talks to others to convey information effectively.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position. Pacific Cascade Federal Credit Union is an Equal Employment Opportunity Company.
Please submit resume’ and/or apply online: https://www.wesaveyou.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=2691&action=edit
Salary: Base plus commission.This job description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this position.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.Print, complete and return the below employment application to: Jama Ficek, Pacific Cascade Federal Credit Union, 1075 Oak Street, Eugene OR 97401. Questions: 541-343-6238